Societies Special Issue
Societies (ISSN 2075-4698) is an international peer-reviewed open access journal of sociology published quarterly online by MDPI.
We invite manuscript submissions for a special issue exploring the interconnections between and among diverse forms of families, challenges as a result of changing forms of work and livelihoods, and how these affect individual’s, families’ and communities’ well-being. This special issue invites authors to begin from the perspectives of those who have often been at the margins in discussions of families and work. In particular, we invite submissions that explore:
- experiences of changes in caregiving by those often identified as care recipients (people with disabilities, young carers) and implications of changes in caregiving over the life course;
- implications of precarious work among young people, their families and those from racialized communities;
- how sexual and gender diversity can challenge employee benefits, working conditions and policies, and work itself;
- examples of how other forms of livelihoods (or obtaining the means to sustain life through barter, artistry, berry-picking etc.) challenge, contradict and/or support paid work;
- how diverse cultural understandings of families, work and well-being, including Indigenous approaches, challenge and expand current work-family research;
- how changing communities as a result of climate change, resource extraction and other factors alter the ways we understand work, families and well-being.