Through our research and Centre activities, we cultivate and connect with communities where all families, livelihoods, and living environments flourish.
Anticipating and responding to the changing needs of families, livelihoods, and living environments through research, teaching, and knowledge sharing, which include policy-relevant and community engaged activities.
In addition to the values identified in the 2017 College of Social and Applied Human Sciences’ Strategic Plan, the Centre values:
- Recognizing the persistent and unequal effects of colonization on Indigenous peoples and all living in North America
- Pursuing reconciliation and decolonization through our works
- Situating our interdisciplinary research within feminist, Indigenous, disabled, queer, critical race, and intersectional scholarship and community work, among others
- Engaging in research that centres lives and communities
- Modelling and strengthening equitable, respectful and reciprocal relationships near and far
- Advancing opportunities for students and interested communities to grow, share and collaborate
- Supporting the well-being of our members
- Reflecting on where we have been and where we want to go together
- Celebrating our collective successes
Read our full Strategic Plan 2017-2022.