We are hiring! Graduate Research Assistant, Disabilities and Livelihoods in Canada
Graduate Student Research Assistant Opportunity
An opportunity is available for a graduate research assistant position at The Live Work Well Research Centre, starting as soon as possible, until the end of August 2020. Our work is centred around anticipating and responding to the changing needs of families, livelihoods, and living environments through research, teaching, and knowledge sharing.
Learn more about the Centre’s work by visiting our website.
March 9th 2020 (or sooner) to August 28th 2020, 400 hours (approx. 15 hrs per week).
Description of research project:
The research project is called “Disabilities and Livelihoods in Canada” and explores how people with disabilities survive and thrive through volunteering, the arts, and employment. This GRA position reports to the Knowledge Mobilization circle, which is currently involved in a SSHRC-funded research partnership between the Centre and several community partners. The partnership observes and analyzes the use of livelihoods in research data to understand how disabled individuals live their lives despite challenges and barriers.
- Organize meetings of the KMb circle
- Manage and coordinate knowledge mobilization activities and strategies across all pilot studies
- Create engaging material and events to share knowledge
- Work with the pilot projects to generate knowledge
- MA or PhD student
- Experience in interdisciplinary research, qualitative research methods and community engagement
- Experience in knowledge mobilization
- Interest in issues of social and economic justice.
- Bilingual in English and French
- Understanding of disability through research and/or lived experiences
How to apply:
Qualified graduate students from all departments and/or programs are welcome to apply for the position, but priority will be given to those in CSAHS. Students with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, which details your experience and interest, via email, indicating GRA KMb Circle in the subject line to Valérie Grand’Maison, email@example.com by February 27th, 2020.